Zeta Alpha Alpha….“A Warrior Brotherhood”
Mission & Program
The Street Fraternity’s mission is to provide a place of brotherhood and programs for personal growth for violent young men. We are a brotherhood of excellence, learning and respect. Each young man builds and achieves his Personal Life Plan, which includes selecting a primary Warrior Tradition. Each apprentice and member respects all women, and practices mastering their aggressive self and growing their meditative/calm self. All program elements are developed and led by fraternity members, with the assistance of adult leaders who have been successfully violent in their past (e.g. former combat vets, violent sport athletes, etc.). We are proud to be co-located and partnering with the Disabled American Veterans, Clyde Seiler Chapter 21. We also partner with a wide range of nonprofit and government support services.
As is the tradition with fraternities throughout the U.S., the Street Fraternity has adopted the Greek letters “Zeta Alpha Alpha” and the Greek Gods these letters represent:
- Zeus, the king of the gods and men
- Ares, the god of war and courage
- Apollo, the god of music, healing, and poetry
- Young men 14 – 25 yrs. old
- Significantly impacted by violence (their own, by others, or both)
- Benefit by using our:
- Music recording studio
- Street self-defense studio
- Meditative/prayerful centering studio
- Computer lab
- Library/reading room
- Committed to becoming men of excellence and noblest purpose. Will live by the Street Fraternity’s Oath & Values, and Inclusiveness & Diversity Statement.
- Give permission to access their criminal and mental health history, and relevant assessments. We consider each young man’s history on a case-by-case basis.
- Referrals may come from anyone. Each young man must voluntarily choose to participate.
- There are no costs or fees to participate.
- Contact Executive Director, Dave Stalls for more info, and a face-to-face meeting.
Operating Days of the Week & Hours:
Mondays – Thursdays, 5 pm – 10 pm
Dave Stalls, Executive Director
8714 E. Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80220
Located 1 block west of Aurora/Denver border; entrance & parking in rear of Disabled American Vet’s building
Office: 720-389-6381 Cell: 720-318-6331
Organization & Leadership
The Street Fraternity, Inc. is an independent 501(c)(3) Colorado nonprofit corporation created in 2012. The founder and Executive Director, Dave Stalls, is a former NFL Superbowl Champion defensive lineman with the Dallas Cowboys, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and L.A. Raiders, former founder of The Spot urban gang youth center (www.thespotdenver.org), and former CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado.
Street Fraternity’s 8 Values:
- Humble Forgiveness
- Relentless effort
Inclusiveness & Diversity Statement of the Street Fraternity:
The Street Fraternity is a brotherhood of men who welcome and are committed to a diversity of experiences, ages, ethnicities, histories, national origins, citizenship statuses, opinions, marital statuses, sexual orientations, disabilities, arrest records, religions, political affiliations, and other protected classes as required by law. All apprentices, members, employees, and volunteers will actively support this Inclusiveness & Diversity Statement. We have chosen to include only males as Apprentices and Members in order to focus our learning, resources and achievements on the unique needs and attributes of young men. We welcome women’s involvement as parents, on our Advisory Team and Board, and within our partner agencies.